- This event has passed.
Colorectal Cancer Screening Webinar: How can I increase my rates?
July 31, 2013 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Colorectal Cancer Screening Webinar
July 31, 2013
12 pm – 1 pm, Central Time
Minnesota’s statewide rate for colorectal cancer screening is only 68%, with a range from 97% to 14%. We know that as a community we can do better.
In this webinar, experts from the American Cancer Society, a community quality improvement consultant, and a representative from Renville County Hospitals and Clinics will offer tools and tactics to help you improve screening rates. This will be an interactive webinar inviting participants to share their expertise, experiences, best practices, and innovations for increasing cancer screenings and improving quality in their clinics.
Participants in this webinar will be able to:
- Describe cancer screening measures and procedures
- Identify tools and resources to help improve screening rates
- Develop a plan to increase screening in their clinic
- RSVP: Katie Carleton, firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-853-8582 to participate in this webinar. The webinar is free.
- Matt Flory, Health Care Partnerships Director for the Midwest Division of the American Cancer Society (ACS)
- Beverly Annis, RN, a community quality improvement consultant and former member of MNCM’s Measurement and Reporting Committee
- Renville County Hospitals and Clinics
- Jerri Hiniker, Program Manager for Prevention /HIT, Stratis Health
The webinar is jointly sponsored by the American Cancer Society, MN Community Measurement, Stratis Health, and Minnesota’s Aligning Forces for Quality initiative (AF4Q). AF4Q is part of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s signature effort to lift the overall quality of health care in targeted communities, reduce racial and ethnical disparities, and provide models for national reform.
We hope you will join us and help to improve colorectal cancer screening rates in Minnesota.
Contact Jerri Hiniker, Program Manager, email@example.com, or 952-853-8540 with any questions regarding this webinar.
Call-in information will be sent 1 week prior to the Webinar.
This material was prepared by Stratis Health, the Minnesota Medicare Quality Improvement Organization, under contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The materials do not necessarily reflect CMS policy. 10SOW-MN-C9-13-14- 062013