MNCM has been helping health care providers in primary care and across many specialties to collect, analyze and report clinical data for greater than 10 years through our Direct Data Submission (DDS) process. This allows providers to successfully fulfill both state and federal reporting requirements. One example is reporting to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) and Meaningful Use (MU) programs. Going forward, MNCM will now assist providers in the new Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) under Medicare’s Quality Payment Program (QPP). MNCM serves Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota.
Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR)
MNCM submitted an application to CMS and was named a Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) for the 2017 performance year. MNCM is now able to assist clinician group practices in meeting MIPS (formerly PQRS) requirements through our enhanced DDS tool.
By submitting data to MNCM for the annual state requirements, you can also have MNCM submit eligible quality measures to CMS on your behalf – fulfilling two requirements with one data submission. MNCM can assist with both the Quality and Improvement Activities for CMS’s QPP program.
Several MNCM developed measures have been approved by CMS with a QPP number and can be used both locally and nationally for quality reporting in 2018 (2017 performance year). Additional MNCM measures have been approved for use under our QCDR application. View the measure specifications here.
QPP/QCDR Approved Quality Measures
- Colorectal Cancer Screening (Q113)
- Optimal Asthma Control
- Diabetes: Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) Poor Control (>9%)
- Ischemic (IVD): Use of Aspirin or Another Antiplatelet
- Optimal Diabetes Care
- Optimal Vascular Care
Improvement Activities: MNCM can also submit attestations to CMS on up to four Improvement Activities (IA) that were completed for a minimum of 90 days. See the list of IA activities here.
MNCM’s reporting to CMS will be based on specific provider needs, number of providers in the practice and the level of selected by the medical group. Options include:
- Seamless fulfillment of MIPS submission needs by choosing the six measures listed above through the DDS tool – this is an integrated, non-duplicative process.
- Seamless fulfillment of MIPS basic submission with one test measure submitted through the DDS tool, also integrated and non-duplicative.
- MNCM anticipates being able to offer a 3rd option that would allow providers to meet their MIPS requirement through additional data file submissions (formerly PQRS). This option would allow providers to choose from more measures and may help maximize a positive payment adjustment.
How MNCM Can Help
MNCM can facilitate data submission to meet your MIPS requirements. Contact email@example.com for details, fill out and submit this CONTACT FORM or contact MNCM at 612-746-4522 (press option #3).