MN Community Measurement offers a variety of resources and training opportunities to support medical groups and clinics directly submitting data to the organization. All trainings are free of charge, unless otherwise noted. This section is designed for professionals who are familiar with the data submission process or who have access to the data portal. Included here is a quick reference to the most current data submission guides and reference handbooks. Check back often to see our updates to available data submission processes and training opportunities.
- View the 2015 Clinic and Provider Registration Guide (PDF)
Calendars and planning resources
View the most current calendars and planning resources for public reporting, data submission and training topics that include:
- The MNCM Slate of Measures Measures approved by the MNCM Board of Directors for public reporting for the current calendar year.
- MNCM DDS Planning Calendar Download the most current Direct Data Submission (DDS) calendar.
- MNCM Q&A Sessions Calendar View the expected topics for the calendar year. Topics may be revised, as necessary.
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Resources Visit the MDH website for helpful fact sheets, guides and other reports.
Updates and training opportunities
MN Community Measurement offers a variety of training opportunities to support medical groups and clinics interested in taking part in performance measurement by directly submitting data to the organization. All trainings are free of charge, unless otherwise noted.
Question & Answer (Q&A) call-in sessions
Every third Thursday of the month from Noon-12:30 pm Mark your calendars! Join our monthly conference calls to hear updates on different MNCM topics and participate in the question-and-answer session. View the training calendar to see the topics for a specific month, or download the PDF of all topics proposed for the calendar year. There is no need to RSVP for these events, just dial in and join us on the call! Join the call at 1-866-613-5223 Access Code: 3004932 Questions? Email email@example.com
- View the MNCM 2015 Q&A Sessions Calendar (PDF).
2015 Clinic and Provider Registration Webinars
This webinar, presented by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) & MN Community Measurement, will be an overview of Clinic and Provider Registration for 2015, as well as all measures to be submitted in 2015.
New Cholesterol Component: Statin Use – for Optimal Diabetes Care and Optimal Vascular Care Webinar
- December 17, 2014 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
MNCM presented an informational webinar to provide an overview of the new statin focused cholesterol component for the Optimal Diabetes Care and Optimal Vascular Care measures. This measurement change will impact data submission for patients receiving care for dates of service in calendar year 2015 for 2016 reporting. Please click on the dates listed above for information about how to play back the webinar recordings, or visit the MNCM Events page.
Webinar: Review of 2014 Patient Experience Measure
- March 26, 2014 7:30 am – 9:00 am
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and MNCM will be presenting an informational webinar reviewing the 2014 Patient Experience measure. This measure is an every other year measure and 2014 is the second cycle for Minnesota clinics. This webinar will review the requirement through the Statewide Quality Reporting and Measurement System (SQRMS), walk clinics through the measure specification changes, eligibility assessment process, and timelines for the upcoming year.
Statewide Quality Reporting and Measurement System (SQRMS) Informational Webinars
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and MNCM presented an informational webinar reviewing 2014 clinic and provider registration processes and clinical data submission requirements for the Statewide Quality Reporting and Measurement System (SQRMS). The webinar reviewed physician clinic registration and data submission requirements as well as 2014 timelines. Please click on the dates listed above for information about how to play back the webinar recordings, or visit the MNCM Events page.
Getting Started with Clinical Quality Reporting – the How-to’s of Submitting Data
MN Community Measurement and the Minnesota Department of Health will present a webinar on October 31 from 7:30-9:00 a.m. for physician clinic staff to provide extra guidance to clinics who may be new to the data submission process and serve as a refresher for current users. The webinar will provide review of the data submission process through the MNCM Data Portal and will include a live portal demonstration. Tools and resources will also be reviewed during the webinar.
- The Minnesota Medical Association will host the webinar. Online registration is now open or you can visit www.mnmed.org.
- There is a limit to the number of participants, but there will be a recording available of the webinar. An announcement will be sent when the recording is available. Please contact Amy Krier at MNCM for more information if you are unable to attend.
The MNCM Data Portal
- View the 2015 Clinic and Provider Registration Guide (PDF)
The MNCM Data Portal is a secure online tool to facilitate submission of clinical data by medical groups and clinics for performance measurement (“direct data submission” or DDS). The portal also includes quality improvement functions to assist medical groups and clinics in using the data internally. All registered medical groups can use the portal to update contact information appearing on MN HealthScores. The portal is available to medical groups and clinics in Minnesota and surrounding border communities.
Data collection guides
Direct data submission (DDS) guides
Cycle A data submission measures (formerly known as Winter Cycle)
- Depression – 2015 Depression Care DDS Guide
- Diabetes – 2015 Optimal Diabetes Care DDS Guide
- Vascular – 2015 Optimal Vascular Care DDS Guide
Cycle B data submission measures
- Total Knee Replacement – 2015 Total Knee Replacement DDS Guide
- Pediatric Preventive Care: Depression Screening – 2015 Depression & Mental Health Screening DDS Guide
- Pediatric Preventive Care: Overweight Counseling – 2015 Pediatric Overweight Counseling DDS Guide
- Spinal Surgery – 2015 Spinal Surgery DDS Guide
Cycle C data submission measures (formerly known as Summer Cycle)
Please use the following data field specifications documents together with the DDS guides above to submit and collect data to MNCM:
- Insurance specifications – 2015 Insurance Coverage Data Field Specifications and Codes
- REL specifications – 2015 REL Data Field Specifications and Codes
Patient Experience Survey
MNCM will administer, collect and aggregate the Patient Experience of Care Survey results for 2014. The Minnesota Statewide Quality Reporting and Measurement System (SQRMS) and the Health Care Homes (HCH) programs require all eligible clinics to participate. Visit the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) to learn more about this requirement. The 2014 Patient Experience Data Collection Guide outlines the steps for clinics to assess eligibility and participate in the 2014 measure of patient experience of care. The guide also outlines all steps required of CAHPS-certified survey vendors who contract with Minnesota clinics. Included with the measure specifications are the timeline milestones for clinics and survey vendors.
- Patient experience – 2014 Patient Experience Data Collection Guide
The Race/Ethnicity/Language (REL) data handbook
Developed by MN Community Measurement in collaboration with medical groups and community members, the Handbook establishes a standard set of data elements for collecting race, ethnicity and language data from medical groups and clinics that participate in MNCM’s Direct Data Submission. Besides presenting the data elements to be collected, the Handbook outlines the case for collecting these data, tips on how to establish a successful data collection system, and ideas for how to use the data to improve quality.
- REL data – The Handbook on the Collection of Race/Ethnicity/Language Data in Medical Groups (October 2010)
An addendum to the Handbook was created in October of 2010 and examines collecting REL data in children or persons under 18. The pdf above includes the entire Handbook including the addendum. To view the addendum as a separate document, click here.
Password-protected files available for review and comment as part of the data submission and validation process.
- Review the Preliminary 2015 Child Patient Experience PCMH Survey Results. This file will be available until August 7, 2015.