MN Community Measurement offers a variety of resources and training opportunities to support medical groups and clinics directly submitting data to the organization. All trainings are free of charge, unless otherwise noted. This section is designed for professionals who are familiar with the data submission process or who have access to the data portal. Included here is a quick reference to the most current data submission guides and reference handbooks. Check back often to see our updates to available data submission processes and training opportunities.
- View the 2018 Clinic and provider Registration Guide (PDF)
The MNCM Data Portal
- View the 2018 Clinic and Provider Registration Guide (PDF)
- Access the 2018 Clinic and Provider Registration & Clinical Quality Reporting webinar (Play or download webinar)
- Download the 2018 Clinic and Provider Registration & Clinical Quality Reporting presentation slides (PDF)
The MNCM Data Portal is a secure online tool to facilitate submission of clinical data by medical groups and clinics for performance measurement (“direct data submission” or DDS). The portal also includes quality improvement functions to assist medical groups and clinics in using the data internally. All registered medical groups can use the portal to update contact information appearing on MN HealthScores. The portal is available to medical groups and clinics in Minnesota and surrounding border communities.
New Measure: SYMPTOM CONTROL DURING CHEMOTHERAPY
MN Community Measurement has developed new patient-reported outcome measures for the symptom control of nausea, pain and constipation during chemotherapy. The Symptom Control During Chemotherapy (SCDC) measures were successfully tested and approved for widespread implementation in oncology practices across Minnesota and surrounding communities. Implementation of the measures will include 2019 dates of service with data reported in 2020. Collecting and submitting data for these measures will support ongoing patient-centered care, provide data to help inform understanding of treatment tolerance enabling the continuation of therapy, and provide outcome rates that will support inclusion of these measures in national programs.
For more information please click on Training tab.
Direct data submission (DDS) guides
Cycle A Data Submission Measures
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
Cycle B Data Submission Measures
- Pediatric Preventive Care: Depression & Mental Health Screening
- Spinal Surgery
- Total Knee Replacement
- Insurance specifications
- REL specifications
- REL Data Handbook
The Race/Ethnicity/Language (REL) data handbook
Developed by MN Community Measurement in collaboration with medical groups and community members, the Handbook establishes a standard set of data elements for collecting race, ethnicity and language data from medical groups and clinics that participate in MNCM’s Direct Data Submission. Besides presenting the data elements to be collected, the Handbook outlines the case for collecting these data, tips on how to establish a successful data collection system, and ideas for how to use the data to improve quality.
- REL data – The Handbook on the Collection of Race/Ethnicity/Language Data in Medical Groups (October 2010)
An addendum to the Handbook was created in October of 2010 and examines collecting REL data in children or persons under 18. The pdf above includes the entire Handbook including the addendum. To view the addendum as a separate document, click here.
Password protected files available for review and comment as part of the data submission and validation process. No files available at this time.
Webinars, presentations, guides and helpful tips.
- Symptom Control During Chemotherapy for 2019 Dates of Service. For more important information about preparations for 2019 dates of service, click here to view the webinar recording and here to view the webinar slides. Resources are also provided on the MNCM Data Portal for registered practices.
- Information regarding data submission and timelines for the 2019 report year will be available in October, please check back again. Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.