MN Community Measurement offers a variety of resources and training opportunities to support medical groups and clinics directly submitting data to the organization. All trainings are free of charge, unless otherwise noted. This section is designed for professionals who are familiar with the data submission process or who have access to the data portal. Included here is a quick reference to the most current data submission guides and reference handbooks. Check back often to see our updates to available data submission processes and training opportunities.
- View the 2018 Clinic and provider Registration Guide (PDF)
The MNCM Data Portal
- View the 2018 Clinic and Provider Registration Guide (PDF)
- Access the 2018 Clinic and Provider Registration & Clinical Quality Reporting webinar (Play or download webinar)
- Download the 2018 Clinic and Provider Registration & Clinical Quality Reporting presentation slides (PDF)
The MNCM Data Portal is a secure online tool to facilitate submission of clinical data by medical groups and clinics for performance measurement (“direct data submission” or DDS). The portal also includes quality improvement functions to assist medical groups and clinics in using the data internally. All registered medical groups can use the portal to update contact information appearing on MN HealthScores. The portal is available to medical groups and clinics in Minnesota and surrounding border communities.
Data collection guides
Direct data submission (DDS) guides
Cycle A Data Submission Measures
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
Cycle B Data Submission Measures
- Pediatric Preventive Care: Depression & Mental Health Screening
- Spinal Surgery
- Total Knee Replacement
- Insurance specifications
- REL specifications
- REL Data Handbook
Patient Experience of Care Survey
The Minnesota Statewide Quality Reporting and Measurement System (SQRMS) and the Health Care Homes (HCH) programs require all eligible clinics to participate. Visit the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) to learn more about this requirement. The 2016 Patient Experience Data Collection Guide outlines the steps for clinics to assess eligibility and participate in the 2016 measure of patient experience of care. The guide also outlines all steps required of CAHPS-certified survey vendors who contract with Minnesota clinics. Included with the measure specifications are the timeline milestones for clinics and survey vendors. The deadline for both survey vendors and medical groups to complete their pre-survey steps is Friday, July 15, 2016. Plan accordingly so your survey distribution is not delayed!
- Patient experience – 2016 Patient Experience Data Collection Guide
The Race/Ethnicity/Language (REL) data handbook
Developed by MN Community Measurement in collaboration with medical groups and community members, the Handbook establishes a standard set of data elements for collecting race, ethnicity and language data from medical groups and clinics that participate in MNCM’s Direct Data Submission. Besides presenting the data elements to be collected, the Handbook outlines the case for collecting these data, tips on how to establish a successful data collection system, and ideas for how to use the data to improve quality.
- REL data – The Handbook on the Collection of Race/Ethnicity/Language Data in Medical Groups (October 2010)
An addendum to the Handbook was created in October of 2010 and examines collecting REL data in children or persons under 18. The pdf above includes the entire Handbook including the addendum. To view the addendum as a separate document, click here.
Password-protected files available for review and comment as part of the data submission and validation process.
There are no files to review at this time.
Webinars, presentations, guides and helpful tips.
- Cycle A Informational Webinar for 2017 Report Year. Review measure specifications, data submission timelines and processes, data validation process and available resources for the measures contained in Cycle A (Optimal Diabetes Care, Optimal Vascular Care and Depression Care Measures) for the 2017 Report Year. Webinar is 20 minutes in duration. Click here to view the webinar recording and here to view the 2017 Cycle A webinar slides (PDF).
- Cycle B Information Webinars for 2017 Report Year. Review the measure specifications, data submission timelines and processes, data validation process and available resources for the Pediatric Preventive measures contained in Cycle B (Pediatric Preventive Care: Adolescent Mental Health and/or Depression Screening and Pediatric Preventive Care: Overweight Counseling) and the Orthopedic measures contained in Cycle B (Total Knee Replacement, Spine Surgery: Lumbar Discectomy/Laminotomy and Spine Surgery: Lumbar Fusion) for the 2017 Report Year.
- Cycle C Informational Webinar for 2017 Report Year. Review measure specifications, data submission timelines and processes, data validation process and available resources for the measures contained in Cycle C (Optimal Asthma Control, Asthma Education and Self-Management, Maternity Care: C-section Rate and Colorectal Cancer Screening) for the 2017 Report Year. Webinar is 22 minutes in duration. Click here to view the webinar recording and here to view the 2017 Cycle C webinar slides (PDF).