- This event has passed.
Physician Leadership Seminar on Total Cost of Care & Resource Use
June 1, 2015 - June 2, 2015$495
MN Community Measurement and the Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement are partnering with the Network for Regional Healthcare Improvement to provide Minnesota physician leaders with information, skills and support to lead health care cost reduction at their organizations while maintaining a high quality of care.
The seminar’s robust curriculum and dynamic speakers will provide:
- Compelling reasons why your organization needs to reduce costs
- Change leadership approaches and skill development
- Deeper understanding of Total Cost of Care (TCOC) and resource use analyses
- Status of TCOC measurement in Minnesota and its impact on medical groups
- Opportunity for on-going forums for continued support and learning
This one-day event will feature national and local TCOC experts. The same program will be presented each day; you only need to attend one.
Topics and speakers will include:
- The Critical Role of Physicians to Reduce the Burden of Healthcare Cost Growth. Dr. Arnie Milstein, Professor of Medicine and Clinical Excellence Research Center Director, Stanford University.
- Strategies for Reducing Healthcare Cost Variation. Michael van Duren, MD, Sutter Health.
- Total Cost of Care & Resource Use Measurement in Minnesota. Tina Frontera, COO, and Gunnar Nelson, Health Economist, MN Community Measurement.
- Creating Transformational Change: Data, Trust and Relationships. (Virtual presentation) Jay Want, MD, Want Healthcare LLC
The seminars will be held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day at the Crowne Plaza – Minneapolis West in Plymouth. Please contact Jim Trevis at ICSI or Erin Ghere at MNCM with additional questions.
CME Credits Available
Park Nicollet Institute is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Office of Continuing Medical Education, Park Nicollet Institute, designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Space is Limited. Register Today!
Attendance will be limited to allow maximum interaction with our speakers, so sign up early! The cost to attend either day is $495. Register now!
More information is available on the Physician Leadership Seminar on Total Cost of Care and Resource Use Flyer.
This seminar is made possible through funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.