- This event has passed.
Webinar: Improving Colon Cancer Screening Rates (Part II)
March 19, 2014 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Improving Colon Cancer Screening Rates – 2014
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
12:00 noon (CDT)
Join us for Part II of our webinar series and take the next step to learn how to use data to improve your colon cancer screening rates. Latest data shows that Minnesota’s statewide rate for colorectal cancer screening is only 69%, with a range from 2% to 99%. Participation in this webinar will help us all improve.
Experts from the American Cancer Society, a Professional Resource for Quality Improvement consultant, and representatives from local clinics that have improved their rates through the use of data will offer tools and tactics to help you improve screening rates. This will be an interactive webinar inviting participants to share their expertise, experiences, best practices, and innovations for using data to increase cancer screenings and improving quality in their clinics.
- Matt Flory, Health Care Partnerships Director for the Midwest Division of the American Cancer Society (ACS)
- Beverly Annis, RN, Professional Resource for Quality Improvement Consultant and former member of MNCM’s Measurement and Reporting Committee
- Jerri Hiniker, Program Manager for Prevention/HIT, Stratis Health
Participants in this webinar will learn how to:
- Extract data (including baseline) from their electronic health record (EHR)
- Use data to improve colorectal cancer screening rates in their clinic(s)
- Develop a plan to meaningfully use the data for patient care
We hope you will join us and help to improve colorectal cancer screening rates in Minnesota.
The webinar is jointly sponsored by the American Cancer Society, MN Community Measurement, Stratis Health, and Minnesota’s Aligning Forces for Quality initiative (AF4Q). AF4Q is part of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s signature effort to lift the overall quality of health care in targeted communities, reduce racial and ethnical disparities, and provide models for national reform.
The webinar is free, but participation is limited. Click here to register today. Call-in information will be sent 1 week prior to the Webinar.
We want to make sure this information is reaching the appropriate staff at your clinic. If this announcement should be directed to another member of your staff, please contact Erin Ghere at MNCM.
Contact Katie Carleton, Program Coordinator, email@example.com, or 952-853-8582.