MNCM is seeking workgroup members to participate in a focused measure redesign of the lumbar spine surgery and total knee replacement measures.
The workgroup’s scope of redesign will include changes to:
- The measure construct to allow benchmarking capabilities (TKR and Spine)
- Expanding the denominator definition for the discectomy/ laminotomy population (Spine)
Deadline for nominations for workgroup members is Friday, March 2, 2018. It is anticipated that this work will be completed in one or two meetings starting in the spring of 2018.
Due to attrition over time, we are recruiting for a variety of members in both workgroups. Preference for the selection of workgroup members for redesign activities will be based on active involvement in MNCM data submission and public reporting of these measures.
We are currently seeking participants to represent the following stakeholder groups:
- Clinicians/surgeons who provide care or perform procedures for lumbar spine surgery or total knee replacement (Orthopedics and Neurosurgery)
- Additionally seeking a workgroup chair for the Total Knee Replacement workgroup
- Data analyst
- Quality improvement professional
- Practice or facility administrator
- Health plan representative
- State agency – MDH/DHS
- Consumer or consumer advocate
- Employers or other group purchasers
To nominate yourself or another individual, please complete this form. If nominating someone other than yourself, your nomination will generate an invitation to complete the self-nomination process. In the Active Workgroup section, please indicate if you are interested in the Spine or Total Knee Replacement workgroup.
Thank you for your interest!